Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I love Alliums



One of my favorite flowers, Alliums. I returned home to still enjoy my alliums in bloom. First and foremost, the mammoth Globemasters. The flower in front receives the most sun and gets the biggest bloom. They prefer full sun. I would love to add more to create a massive display, but I am content at the present time. I am also hoping that they will multiply. In my garden, upcoming phlox and bee balm hide the allium leaves as they yellow.  

The other picture is Allium cristophii. I only have 2 bulbs that bloomed this year, so I'll definitely need to order some bulbs this fall. I am pleasantly surprised by the background perennial, Heuchera 'Purple Petticoats'. These are newly planted and I am hoping that they will help cover the allium leaves as they yellow. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin