Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Berries in the garden




Weeping branches of berries in the garden are my favorite. As the delicate pink berries of Amethyst Coral Berry are fading, a robust pop of red is discovered on a cranberry bush. 


Arches of zebra grass 


Blue Boy Holly berries are on display through winter. In the spring, the robins will enjoy them.
 

This variety of Euonymus is new to my landscaping this year. Originally, I planted a variety of variegated green & white, but the front need a brighter color. This variety is variegated with yellow & green is working out well, especially the fall display of pink.


The very tips of Sedum Angelina displaying some fall color. I can not wait to see the progression of color.


A fall garden staple, Sedum 'Autumn Joy'


Viburnum 'Summer Snowflake' started blooming in the spring and is still blooming.


The lighter green leaves of Agastache 'Blue Fortune' are bright in the fall border.


Helenium 'Double Trouble' leaves interesting round flower heads.


I let my Euchinacea flower heads remain in my garden for the entire winter. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin