Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween festivities


Dare I say that I would rather forgo celebrating Halloween. Mostly because it so commercialized and all the candy. Yes, I grew up with candy being handed out to me all the time and I'm alright. And I watched morning cartoons. But, that does not make it good for you and it's not happening with my little one. And, I disapprove of chocolate milk at dinner and a sweet after every meal (I know that grandparents mean well but it's not what I, THE MOTHER, would like for my little one.) 

Okay, let's move on. 

I struggle to find more meaning to each day and simplify my life. I feel extreme pressure to do what everyone else is doing. For example, at my mother's house, trick-or-treaters take pictures outside her completely over-decorated ( for me) house. That's how I grew up and it's difficult because I would like the opposite of that for my little one. It's a struggle to find the balance between the two. 



Treats are occasional in our house. My little one had lots of fun mixing and rolling and decorating the cookies and that's what it's all about.





Someone's not to sure about that funny feeling between her fingers. Daddy could do that. 


The best part is the smiles on my little one's face. She ran over to her kitchen and grabbed a bowl to make pumpkin soup. Okay, I'm doing something right. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin